Finish What You Started (FWYS) is designed to support Colorado residents as they finish their first undergraduate degree.
The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI) launched FWYS through COVID-19 economic relief funds.
“Some College, No Degree” Criteria
- Earned at least 1 credit from a Colorado college/university
- Did not enroll at a Colorado college/university for at least 2 consecutive semesters (fall, spring, or summer)
- Planned leave & university withdrawal semesters count as not enrolling
We are pleased to report we have a full cohort of 150 students. As current students graduate, spots will open up for additional students. These spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students returning Spring 2024: We have 20 spots open.
Why join Finish What You Started?
- Financial support
- Up to $2,250 in grant funding per semester
- Additional funding for educational opportunities such as summer classes or education abroad
- Automatically become a member of Scholar Success Programs
- Established relationship with Scholar Contact
- Graduation and post-graduate support and success
- Community connection with other FWYS students
- Individual support from the Office of Financial Aid
- Undergraduate students
- Colorado residents including students who qualify for ASSET or NALA-C
- Did not previously complete a credit or degree (of 30+ credits) from a Colorado college/university
- Plan to graduate by Spring 2026
- Financial need as determined by the FAFSA or CASFA
- Students eligible for the Pell grant with an expected family contribution (EFC) of $6656 or less (2023-2024 academic year) automatically qualify for the grant.
- Students with an EFC of $6657-$17000 can still qualify for the grant if certain criteria have been met
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) or a successful appeal
At this time, we are prioritizing students who plan to be in residential instruction (on-campus programs). Exceptions may be made for online students with 1 semester remaining before graduation, so these students are still encouraged to apply.
- Students can apply online.
- Students need to be admitted to CSU and complete the FAFSA or CASFA.
- Students may be asked to submit a graduation plan that shows a graduation of no later than Spring 2026.
- Mel Lafferty will reach out to schedule an appointment.
- The Office of Financial Aid will review the student’s account for financial eligibility.
- Students are connected with their Scholar Contact for ongoing support.
Visit our current student page for more information!