Finish What You Started (FWYS) is designed to support Colorado residents who want to finish their first undergraduate degree.
The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI) launched FWYS through COVID-19 economic relief funds.
Some College, No Degree
- Earned at least 1 credit from a Colorado college/university
- Did not enroll at a Colorado college/university for at least 2 consecutive semesters (fall, spring, or summer)
- Planned leave & university withdrawal semesters count as not enrolling
Why join Finish What You Started?
- Financial support
- Up to $3000 in grant funding per semester
- Removing financial holds on student account
- Additional funding for educational opportunities such as summer classes or education abroad
- Automatically become a member of Scholar Success Programs
- Established relationship with Scholar Contact
- Graduation and post-graduate support and success
- Community connection with other FWYS students
- Individual support from the Office of Financial Aid
- Undergraduate students
- Colorado residents including students who qualify for ASSET
- Did not previously complete a credit or degree (of 30+ credits) from a Colorado college/university
- Graduate within the grant term (by Spring 2026)
- Economic impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Financial need as determined by the FAFSA or CASFA
At this time, we are prioritizing students who plan to be in residential instruction (on-campus programs). Exceptions may be made for online students with 1 semester remaining before graduation, so these students are encouraged to apply.
- Students can apply online
- Mel Lafferty, Office of Academic Advocacy, will reach out to schedule an appointment
- Students need to be admitted to CSU and complete the FAFSA or CASFA
- The Office of Financial Aid will review the student’s account for financial eligibility
- When the grant is awarded, students need to complete the COVID-19 attestation and release of information in RamWeb
- Students are connected with Alejandra Sullivan, Scholar Success Programs, for ongoing support